Job Title: Internal Cleaning Operative
Reporting to: Cleaning Manager
Location: The Galleria
Contract: 0 hour contract – days, nights and weekends work available must be flexible.
Do you get a sense of satisfaction in completing a task?
Do enjoy making sure everything is clean and safe?
We are looking for flexible cleaning operatives for The Galleria shopping centre. The main purpose of the roles is to provide a professional, comprehensive cleaning service for the client site and ensure all facilities are clean and ready to use.
Main duties will include carrying out general cleaning duties including mopping, sweeping, dusting, polishing, cleaning washrooms, vacuuming, emptying bins & removal of waste and any other duties requested by management. To work to the high standards our clients expect from us. You may also be required to use machinery, but don’t worry, we will give you all of the training you need in order to use it.
What do you get from us?
Our colleague and client relationships are really important to us, so if you feel you have the skills to help us meet their needs, then we have all the training and tools on our processes and systems to help you achieve this.
- Employee discounts from some of our fantastic brand partners on site.
- Employee assistance program.
- Free uniform.
- Monthly pay.
- Online training in multiple languages.
You will be happy to work as a team but you will also be happy to work on your own. You will be proactive about ensuring cleaning standards are met. Don’t worry, you will get all the training you need before we get you started.
The key responsibility would be to maintain the cleanliness of the Centre to a very high standard by performing the following duties:
- Sweep, damp mop and wipe down lifts
- Wipe down all glass doors and panels
- Clean, mop and disinfect all toilet areas to include disabled and baby changing
- Wash or wipe where necessary all walls, pillars and painted surfaces
- Wash or wipe where necessary all furniture, fixtures and fittings
- Empty and wipe down all internal Bins
- Empty and wipe down all external Bins.
- Wipe down and re-stock cleaning trolleys
- Mall flooring – to include dry mopping, spillages, litter and debris clearing
- External litter picking – all outside areas including MSCP.
- External bin movements using some MHE (1100 litre) & (550 litre).
- Clean via dusting, polishing and vacuuming Management suite, workshop office, control room and staff areas
- Use patrol monitor system to assist with accident and incident control and prevention
- To ensure all work is carried out in a safe, proper and thorough manner taking into account Health and safety legislation, Incentive FM policies and procedures, risk assessments and method statements
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client and staff information.
- Report anything in need of repair or replacement to the appropriate person
- Keep your cleaning area and space clean and tidy at all times and your cleaning materials safely stored
- Be familiar with the required care standards and regulations governing your job
- Maintain polite and good communication with your colleagues, tenants and shoppers at all times
- Be prepared to receive and undertake further training as required.
- At all times to follow through any managerial instructions
- Machinery works including push along and ride on machines.
The above description is not exhaustive, but the above points represent the key points pertaining to the role of Cleaning Operative.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working and building partnerships with clients
- Knowledge of COSHH
- Experience of working within a fast-moving Cleaning environment
- Articulate and has the ability to communicate effectively with the clients and the IFM teams
- Organised individual who can demonstrate a record of planning and managing work flows
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of high-quality service delivery and its impact on this
- The ability to be agile and flexible to meet the needs and demands of the role
- Excellent time management organisation and focus on the ability to prioritise and multi task with clear ability to focus on detail
To apply: Please submit your CV and/or cover letter to Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org