Looking after the environment and being sustainable in the way we work is incredibly important. Here at The Galleria, we are committed to make changes which reduce our impact on the environment, and we are constantly looking at improving the way we work, with this end goal in mind.
Here are just a few of the ways that we have already started to make a difference:
- 100% of the electricity purchased by The Galleria is renewable, coming from sources such as wind and solar (it powers the majority of retailers, public lighting, lifts, escalators, car parks etc)
- 15% of the gas purchased by The Galleria is biogas and is used to deliver low-carbon heating
- Last year we reduced our electricity consumption by 3%, the same amount to power 63 average homes for a year
- Last year we recycled 70.5% of all the waste produced on site and we make sure none is sent to landfill
- 11 of our retailers are signed up to our Refill Me campaign, offering you free refills of water with no need to make a purchase
- As part of our biodiversity program we have planted 220 m2 of wildflower seeding to provide food and homes for birds, and mammals, it will also support important pollinators including bees which have seen a decline in recent years